Strawberry Overnight Oats for a Crowd
These strawberry overnight oats have so much creamy deliciousness--they're the perfect way to start your day!
Servings: 5 servings
- 8 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 8 cups Milk of your choice
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed optional
Add your strawberries and sugar to your blender or food processor and puree into smoothie consistency. If using fresh, be sure to hull and rinse them; if using frozen, thaw slightly in the microwave or by letting them sit out. Let the puree rest while you prepare the oats.
Add oats and milk to the large bowl and stir until all the oats are wet. If you are adding flaxseed, add it now.
Use the spatula to add your strawberry puree into the bowl of oats. Add vanilla and salt; stir well.
Cover and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy!
- If using frozen strawberries, using 8 cups of milk will make your oatmeal very runny. Instead, you can reduce milk to 6 cups for a thicker oatmeal, or to 7 cups for an average consistency oatmeal.
- Keep in mind that if using flaxseed, it will soak up extra liquid and make your oatmeal a tad thicker.
- This oatmeal works with all types of milk. If using dairy-free milk, I find the creamiest results with hemp milk or flax milk. You can also use almond or rice milk, but will get an overall thinner consistency as a result.
- If you are using whole strawberries instead of sliced strawberries, you will want to add an extra cup of berries to your oatmeal.
- If you would like to use less sugar, you can cut back to 1/2 cup with no problems.